Saturday, February 6, 2021

What Happened After

Well lets just say that I was angry for most of 2019. We tried so hard to get pregnant and we had nothing to show for it. I let school take over my life. I was not sure what was going to happen to our little family.  We also started a family tradition of Sunday Pizza Nights. After trying several different recipes for crust we found one that we and have used that ever since.
 

Around our 2nd anniversary we started to talk more about adoption. Our biggest fear with this was the cost. Going through an adoption agency would cost an arm and a leg, but all costs go towards adoption until it happens. If you go with a private adoption you can/will pay cost at a risk of having nothing to show for it.  At the time I was taking a business communications class that had a teacher that loved to talk about her two kids that were adopted. I finally had the nerve to ask her advise on how and where to start. She was able to put me in touch with a couple of women that could help. Our first step was to get a home study done and be approved to adopt. This was along process that consumed most of 2019. The hardest part of this was the three books that we had to read. So we started this process in March 2019.

Michael put in Grad Applications to start his PhD. He was accepted to BYU for a PhD in usable security and human computer interaction. Once he was accepted we decided to buy a home in Utah since we were going to here for at least the next 3-5 years. Michael quit his job so that he could be employed at BYU as a PhD student. To help with the income I got a part time job at a daycare for a Cosmetology School. I loved it and really enjoyed working the kids. I think my favorite thing that we did was decorating the daycare for Christmas.  I am still continuing my education and am on track to graduate in 2022.



I love our new home and it looks like it is going to work for us for awhile. It is small but it is ours. The main draw back is that we don't have a yard. Living on a second story condo does not really allow for everything I was wanting to do, but that is ok it is not our forever home. However, it seems that our fur babies have adapted well. 

Michael and I where also able to meet a young couple this year that we became close to. Misha and Lorenzo Fancis. In August of 2019 they had a beautiful baby boy Jaden. Michael and I where asked to be his God-parents and were invited to be present at his birth. This is was a wonderful thing that they were willing to share with us and were so grateful to be there. Our hearts are with this tiny family. We love them so much. Watching them grow has been a great joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment