Friday, July 17, 2020

Through the Years

                                          Year One



 Honestly the first year was a blur. I had quit my job at Vivint Solar and had started a job as a bookkeeper for a local business. Accounting has been something that I have enjoyed for awhile and wanted to have a career as an accountant eventually.


Also during that time we had been on four separate trips across the country. Destinations included: Alaska, Connecticut, New Mexico for Christmas, and Pennsylvania twice. Two of these trips were for funerals. Back in 2000-2002 I was a Nanny in Connecticut and one of the children I had nannied had passed away. It was something that was expected eventually. When I left Connecticut I told myself that when it happened I would be there. No matter the cost i would find a way to be there. It was nice to reconnect with people I had considered family. The other was one of Michael's grandmothers who lived in Pennsylvania. That happened the week before Thanksgiving 2018.


Right before Christmas of 2017 we got a new little friend for Michael's cat Ding. We called her Creamie Creamcicle Clark (C cubed). Michael said that Ding really did not need a friend, but through the years they have been getting along much better. Christmas was spent in New Mexico with Michael's family. It was nice to be in a place during the winter that was warm enough to wear shorts.


On Mach 10, 2018 Michael and I were sealed in the New Mexico Temple. It was an awesome experience and I was so excited that I get to keep him for all eternity. We were privileged to have Michael's grandpa Hatch there which was great because he was not able to make it out to the wedding the year before. My father was able to come as well which was also good since he had gotten food poisoning the night before the wedding.



On March 1, 2018 Michael and I met with Utah Fertility Clinic to find out why we had not yet gotten pregnant. At the time we were not actively trying to not get pregnant. Come to find out we had infertility problems. We were told that the likelihood of getting pregnant on our own was like a .01% chance. This was hard for us to hear, but we had decided to go ahead with an IVF cycle.








Before we started the cycle Michael thought that would be a good idea to take me to Hong Kong. Can I just say that I loved it there. Hong Kong in May was beautiful. I got to see where Michael grew up and where he went to school. He also got to do all tourist stuff there that he had none done while living there. We also got to spend a lot of time with his parents. We visited Hong Kong Disney, The temple of a thousand Buddhas, Ocean Park, the Big Buddha, and many of the wet markets.  I told him when we got back that if he ever wanted to live in Hong Kong again that I would be okay with that because I just fell in live with it.









So we started the the IVF cycle in July of 2018. Going through the egg harvesting process was hard and uncomfortable. Once that was done we had the implantation date set in the middle of September. Due to some complications that date did not work and it was pushed back to the week before Thanksgiving. WE GOT PREGNANT!!! We were so excited. It was nice to see that things were working out. We felt very lucky because out of all the eggs that got harvested we had one viable embryo. I was a little scared that I would mess something up because this was it for us. Sadly though this did not work out for us on and December 18th we had a miscarriage. This was had to take and I felt that somehow it was my fault. I was also very angry at myself and at God. This is probably the hardest thing I had been through up to that point and time.

NEXT TIME... Recovery and moving on.









No comments:

Post a Comment