Sunday, April 19, 2020








We tied the knot

On March 4, 2017 Michael Clark and I got married. Due to a previous marriage (on my part) we got married at a local church house. Since Michael and I are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints we be in marriage for eternity, y getting married in one of our churches Temples. Well since I had done this many many years before I had to get permission from our leaders to marry Michael for forever. They said yes, but we would have to wait. Either until July or a year after being married civilly. We opted for a civil marriage first. So that is what we did. 

That day is still the best day of my life, despite a few mishaps. The first being that my dad got food poisoning the night before and was unable to attend. Thankfully though Michael's brother Matthew was able to attend and I asked him to walk me down the aisle. Michael's parents flew in from Hong Kong and the day was full of family and friends. The day started really early with bridal pictures, a luncheon, the wedding and then to close it all off a reception. Whew!! By the end of the night with the send off we were tired.
The next day was church and then a trip to the airport to make our way to the honeymoon. Michael had asked me where I wanted to go. I said Fairbanks, Alaska. Alaska in March is cold!! Why Alaska you ask? Michael asked this as well. My answer to him was, "Well because we don't really want to go to a place that we want to do site seeing at." So yep Alaska!! When we got off the plane it was -30 degrees. OH MY GOSH!!! During the next ten days though we had a lot of fun. We got the see the start of the Iditarod. He took me on a small trip to see the Northern lights and we got to meet Santa Clause at The North Pole. I would not go back to Alaska before the snow melted again, but I would love to see it during the summer. I hear the flower festival in Fairbanks is beautiful.

I am grateful for the day that I got to marry Michael. Each day I love him more and more. Everyday he makes me happy and always lets me know how much he loves me. He puts up a lot from me and I appreciate that.


Next time.. A year later and our infertility struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment